From the National Alliance on Mental Illness: "One in 5 adults experiences a mental health condition every year. One in 17 lives with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. In addition to a person's directly experiencing a mental illness, family, friends and communities are also affected.
Half of mental health conditions begin by age 14, and 75% of mental health conditions develop by age 24. The normal personality and behavior changes of adolescence may mimic or mask symptoms of a mental health condition. Early engagement and support are crucial to improving outcomes and increasing the promise of recovery. "
- Let's explain what mental illness and mental health really are and help build our community to be stronger, kinder, more compassionate and accepting
- Let's show the science behind mental health and the brain
- Let's hear the testimonies of those living with mental health issues
- Let's hear from those working on the front lines of this issue
- Let's educate ourselves and others by listening
- Let's come together and talk about it